Monday, January 11, 2010

Simon Cowell leaving American Idol. World stops spinning.

Yep, it's true. Simon Cowell has announced he'll be leaving American Idol at the end of this season (it's true because I read it here.) That would be the show's 9th season, for anyone who cares. And the announcement comes just as said season's premiere episode is set to air.

Coincidence much?

Maybe, just maybe this signals the beginning of the end of so-called reality TV. Maybe, just maybe, between this and the Jay Leno/NBC nonsense, broadcast television will finally learn that quality sells.

Nah.

6 comments:

kenju said...

As Simon says...
If I'm being honest...." I could not care less if he leaves the show. I think it can go on without him.

Cloudia said...

You mean good stories and characters might return?

YAY!



Aloha, Carmi



Comfort Spiral

Pearl said...

Somewhat akin to finding out they've stopped offering the McPatty or that you'll no longer be able to purchase Pixie Stix. I think we'll be okay!

Pearl

Mojo said...

Maybe Simon will make his comeback as a contestant on "The Weakest Link".

Goodbye!

I might even watch that one.

Tracie Nall said...

That show has been taking up prime tv space for nine years??? unbelievable. Just this weekend my husband forced me to sit through a couple of repeat episodes of this show (the only time I have ever watched it) and I quickly realized that I hadn't been missing anything!

Hoping for quality television....I'll probably be waiting for a while!

Hilary said...

Probably not... the masses love a good trainwreck. One can hope, though! Thanks for the visit. :)