Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Thematic Photographic 83 - What I did on vacation


Surface tension
Delray Beach, Florida, December 2009


I've selected this week's Thematic Photographic theme, What I did on vacation, as a prompt for all of us to get back into that idyllic groove that marks time away from the everyday. This week likely represents an unwelcome return to reality for most of us, and if my experience is any guide, it isn't an easy transition.

Since we can't drop everything and head back to the pool, beach or cottage, I thought a bit of photographic therapy might be in order. Are you game?

Your turn: Please share a vacation-themed photo on your blog (new, old, whatever floats your boat), then drop a link into a comment here. Feel free to visit other participants - it helps spread the joy - and repeat as often as you wish over the next week. Click here for more info on how Thematic Photographic works.

9 comments:

Pam said...

i think i'm gonna have to get bk into the swing of things w a thematic photographic. i'll have to find one to post & come back. :0)

Tracie Nall said...

I am loving this picture...it makes me want to go get a bathing suit and dive right in!

I'm going to have to look through some pics and find a vacation-y one. I'll be back :)

Mona Sweden said...

Your photo is very artistic. I love the deep colours. There is water in my picture too...

hapzydeco said...

Keeping with the water theme.

christina said...

Your photo is a piece of art!

Glennis said...

Oh, my. I am currently writing a whole thing about what I did/saw/learned on vacation. Although there are photos, its not all about photographs.

Check it out - the link is to all the stories - and then I will think of a single vacation photograph to post.

http://doves2day.blogspot.com/search/label/Passages%20of%20Paris

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

Here is Mine

I need another vacation.

Catherine said...

I'm running late this week, because I'm still in vacation mode, since it's summer here, and I don't start back to work full time for a few more days yet.

Here's my walk from last week

(In complete contrast to the snow-bound photos of the UK we are seeing in our newspapers)

Chelle said...

Kayaking in the mountains - my kind of vacation.