Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thematic Photographic 86 - Water in any form


The icicle works
London, ON, January 2010


As I was mulling over potential topic choices for this week's Thematic Photographic (please see here for TP-tagged entries, and here for instructions), I realized I'd been shooting a lot of ice, water or vapour of late. It wasn't a conscious decision, but part of me suspects that my subconscious likes to dictate the photographic agenda every once in a while. Since I'm not feeling Freudian enough to disagree with my subconscious being, I've decided to go with "water in any form" as this week's theme.

So...if it's liquified water, frozen ice, vaporized vapor, suspended fog or a partially humid combination of some or all of these, I hope you'll grab your camera, grab the shot and share it on your blog. Given how much of a role water plays in our lives - and in our very makeup - it makes sense to explore it for a bit.

You game?

Your turn: Please share a water-in-any-form photo on your blog, then paste a link to it in a comment here. Repeat as often as you wish. (And please accept my thanks for the response to last week's theme...I'm happily overwhelmed, and hope this week's theme provokes a similar response.) If you're new to TP, click here for instructions.

13 comments:

Mojo said...

Oh you KNOW I'm up for this one. Love this idea, and I REALLY love this shot!

Cloudia said...

As a CLOUDia I like this theme!





Aloha, Carmi



Comfort Spiral

Catherine said...

I have an ice photo too, something cool to look at on a hot summer day down under

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

Great theme, looking forward to seeing everyones.

Here is Mine

Glennis said...

Water in one of its forms is now up on www.doves2day.blogspot.com

Not enough of it.

Mojo said...

By the way, you gotta know I LOVVVE this shot! And I took on the transition between two forms for my second entry.
Thematic Photographic 86: "Water In Any Form" v.2.0 - Rime On The Mountain

Glennis said...

I have another water-related post - it's not my photo, but it's from an article I read last night that just made me go - wow, how cool for "Water in any form."

www.doves2day.blogspot.com

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

no more ice or snow from me!

here is mine....

christina said...

I love icewater!!

Tracie Nall said...

I love those icicles.....they make me feel cold!

Here is mine... http://whereiwastoday.blogspot.com/2010/02/waterin-any-form.html

MB said...

Brrrr...

Here is my icy entry:

http://finallyfiguringitout.blogspot.com/2010/02/thematic-photographic-86-water-in-any.html

Jientje said...

Another great theme this week Carmi! I love your icicle picture, I never get to see any around here. I joined in again today, my post is here.

Mona Sweden said...

Love your photo. More icicles here.