Wednesday, January 20, 2010

White hot


My future's so bright, I've gotta wear shades
Deerfield Beach, FL, January 2010
About this photo: Thematic Photographic's white-themed week wraps up with this bright-eyed view of the new year (original link is here.) Our next theme kicks off tonight (Wednesday) at 7:00 EST. It will be...I'm Hungry.
This is one of the first pictures I took in the new year. Barely 15 minutes after the ball dropped, the kids went outside to light off some sparklers (I know, annals of parenting, but they were closely supervised, so...)

This one struck me as particularly memorable because it isn't so much about the sparkler, but the child's hand - namely, our son's - that holds it. Since 2009 was a year unlike any other for us, we anticipated 2010 with a little more hope than usual. This moment of our munchkin at play somehow managed to summarize that hope better than any other picture I took that night.

Your turn: Your hope for 2010. Please discuss.

2 comments:

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

that is quite a special picture. Funny really most of my hope comes from my kids.

Mojo said...

Awesome shot! I've never fooled much shooting sparklers. Pretty much any other kind of fireworks but never these for some reason.

If our hope isn't in our kids... where is it?

My finale for "White" was hot too... but not as hot as this.
Thematic Photographic 84: "White" v.7.0 - What's a Week Without a Vintage MG?