Monday, January 25, 2010

What came first?


The chicken or the egg?
London, ON, January 2010

I didn't immediately realize the irony going on in my grocery cart, but when I eventually took the time to look down and drink it in, my only option at that point was to take out my BlackBerry and grab a quick picture of it. The usual stares from strangers ensued. I'm sure my picture will end up posted beside the cash registers someday, which means I may need to start looking for a new grocery store a little earlier than planned.

Your turn: We're still sharing "I'm hungry"-themed photos. Click here if you've got one - or just want to see what everyone else is up to. And while you're at it, which one did come first? The chicken or the egg? More importantly, why?

7 comments:

Pearl said...

the protozoa. which is more of a yolk than chicken I think.

Lauren said...

hahahaha, NICE!

David Edward said...

in the case of your cart, the chicken breast arrived first

torontopearl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
torontopearl said...

Hmmm...good question, Carmi. But I highly doubt that Chai chickens, at those exorbitant prices/kilo, came first. Definitely was an afterthought!

I love it that you noticed this potential, longtime scientific question while looking in your shopping cart!

Cloudia said...

Which DID come first, Carmi?



Aloha, Friend!


Comfort Spiral

Mojo said...

This reminds me of another shot of yours from... oh, must be more than a year ago. It left off the chicken though.

Some of the more obscure paintings at Macchu Picchu indicate that the chickens arrived on the mothership in Peru during the reign of the Incas. No word on whether they brought eggs with them or not, but one would have to assume so. So the answer is: "Both".

We should find out for sure when the mothership returns in 2012. At least we'll finally have an answer to that question!