Monday, March 15, 2010

They've got game


Backstopped
London, ON, December 2009
About this photo: This week's Thematic Photographic theme is "under construction." Don't know what the heck I'm talking about? Head here.
Scenes like this scare me to no end. I've heard enough horror stories of scaffolding collapses to know disaster can strike anytime, anywhere. Despite the risks, workers like these two set aside their fears every day of the year so we can all have a roof over our head and secure walls to hold it all up.

I wasn't able to thank them this day because I was afraid to get any closer lest I scare them. So this entry will just have to do.

Your turn: What are these two discussing?

2 comments:

momemts in time said...

Carmi

As I sit here with a broken leg the very idea of being up high on a construction site makes me uneasy so check out this picture taken by Charles Eberts! and this which is more alarming...

Pearl said...

there's a campaign of posters at construction sites to encourage workers to tie themselves onto harnesses. a workplace culture sort of change.