Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thematic Photographic 92 - Under Construction


Diving board
Toronto, ON, December 2009
[Please click photo to embiggen]


Welcome to a new week of Thematic Photographic. This photo bridges last week's monochrome theme with our new one, Under construction. I selected the new theme after looking through my archives and realizing I take a heck of a lot of pictures of things being built. I'm not entirely sure why. Perhaps it's because it will only be in this interim state for a blink before it's all done. Perhaps I feel a compelling need to stop the world's rush into the future, if only for a brief moment in time.

Whatever drives me to this somewhat odd obsession with the interim, I thought it would make for a fun week of exploration. Are you game?

Your turn: Please share a similarly themed photo on your blog (or photo sharing site, or any online resource, really) and then paste a link to it in a comment here. For more background on how Thematic Photographic works, please click here.

8 comments:

Cloudia said...

We love to watch construction, human or animal...



Aloha from Hawaii Carmi


Comfort Spiral

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Cool theme. Will have to see what I can find. Great shot.

momemts in time said...

Carmi Here is my initial offering on construction

Martin

momemts in time said...

Carmi

Here is an alternative view of natural or nature's construction.

theMuddledMarketPlace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
theMuddledMarketPlace said...

a fascinating slant on the theme is available in our city here

Mona Sweden said...

A late contribution from me.

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

love your image here