Monday, March 07, 2011

Droplets on a table


Twice as wet
London, ON, April 2009
[Please click here to share your own double-themed Thematic]

I had spilled a tiny bit of water on our apparently waterproof tablecloth, and because I'm not like a normal person who would simply clean up the mess, I felt the need to instead reach for my camera and create a brief record of my clumsiness.

I don't know whether there's any significant - or even insignificant - message in this scene, and I'm not entirely sure there even needs to be. Sometimes, it's enough to be moved sufficiently by a transient scene to remember the simplicity of the moment. Because in the end all those little moments have to add up to something, right?

Your turn: Do they?

8 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

...and because I'm not like a normal person who would simply clean up the mess

I know exactly what you mean!
~

Bob Scotney said...

I'm glad it was water and not something stronger!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

That's really neat. It's a truly creative person that would ever think of doing that!

fredamans said...

I got to get me one of those tablecloths!

knot eye said...

hey Carmi...I'm sure it's hard to not see things with your eyes...
I zoomed a little closer on the shot and you can really get the reflections out of the drops...nice

I'll see if I can muster something up

Peace, hp

Deborah said...

Right ... it's amazing how they just hold themselves intact like magic! A wonderful spillage :o)

Ankita Sarkar said...

I love it when water droplets fall on less absorbent surfaces. Especially textured ones. It's beautiful how they magnify the texture. After all water droplets were the first magnifying glasses :)

Somewhere round about said...

i also zoomed in and there's right old crazy stuff goin on around those drops

all very good