Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mad lungs

Little man's been out of school for the past week-and-a-half with bronchitis. We've been trying to perk him up with a steady stream of movies. They give him something else to think about when he can't sleep because of the coughing and congestion.


Good times.

So when it was time to bring the latest batch of rentals back to the local Blockbuster (news flash: we still rent DVDs...there's something about physical media that I'm not yet ready to give up) he asked if he could come with. Dad-of-the-year that I am, I told him to ask Mom. We figured he was well enough to feel fresh air, so off we went.

I took this shot just as we got into the car. The smile says it all. I know one boy's bout with bronchitis doesn't amount to a whole lot in the overall scheme of things, but we still hope this little bit of madness is over for him soon.

Your turn: What's your cure for cabin fever?

6 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

same thing...some fresh air and getting out...hope he feels better soon

Crosby Kenyon said...

The smile is great. Cabin fever? Trying to take good photos of the wildlife coming through the yard now.

Aunt Snow said...

poor little guy, I hope he feels better soon.

I'm having a bit of cabin fever myself this weekend. Rain is threatening, and I can't think of anything to do.

Crosby Kenyon's idea is pretty good. Think I'll go outside.

Dawn said...

Go Outside. It works for me very time.
I was having a particularly bad and crabby day....when I decided to go walk. Half way down the driveway I started to smile.
By the time I got home I was a new person...and the mood switch was actually noticed by other home dwellers;) Since then I have been "kicked outside" on many occasion;)
Hope he gets feeling better soon:)

Hope said...

Looks like he's just happy to be hanging out with Dad...go to boring places like the grocery store, mall...its the journey not the destination...I have found that my mundane time with the kids, talking in the car, chats while making dinner, being together just doing nothing, are the best times ever. Enjoy the mundane!!!
Hope he feels better soon! Bronchitis is tough! Hang in there.

Snaggle Tooth said...

I'm so jealous your Blockbuster is still open! Ours closed n I haven't had unseen movies at all except new from Walmart-
Getting out always helps me feel better, no matter what illness. Hopefully not caused by indoor allergies! (my problem)
Get out n walk!
That's Noah? Wow is he getting grown! Feel better soon