Thursday, March 31, 2011

QOTD #12 - On coming home

"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow. "
Lin Yutang
I've been off on a work thing for a few days, and later today will get on a plane pointed for home. As much as I enjoy the newness of seeing a new slice of the planet, I always prefer the return leg because of what awaits at the end.

I guess I'm a bit of a homebody, after all. Or I just don't like being away from my family. Yes, the second one.

Your turn: The best part of travel is...?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

...everything. I love travelling: new sounds, sights and smells, I enjoy travelling even when everything seems to go wrong :)

srp said...

The best part of travel is.... I cannot think of a good part of travel these days. Perhaps simply getting there in one piece.

I did see a sign you might like... I guess it would be on the topic..."growing older". It read....

"I have a perfect photographic memory... I'm just all out of film!"

Deborah said...

... for me also, after seeing and doing new things, it's the feeling of being home, and knowing where I belong.

fredamans said...

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

...and nobody needs a vacation more than someone who just took one.

best part of travelling....is just getting away!

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

the best part of travelling is? Looking Out Of The Windows!
I am SUCH a train travel freak....i am smiling just thinking about it
:)