Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I've got my eyes on you


Tatered
London, ON, March 2011
About this photo: It's March Madness week, and it doesn't get more mad than this. Do you have some madness to share? Click here.
I have no rational explanation for why I take pictures like this. Maybe it's because no one else seems to, so I feel sorry for the poor little potato. Perhaps it's because not everything needs to have a reason. Sometimes we need to be just a little frivolous in the day-to-day. And on this day, this spudnik happened to be in range when my head started to feel a little frivolous.

I think this irrational-frivolity thing just might work out after all.

Your turn: What do you do when you feel just a little silly?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hangs head in shame*

'Tis infrequent that I find the words 'silly' and 'Ti' in the same sentence. I have way too much of the serious, nowhere near enough of the lighthearted in my universe.

I guess the closest I get to plain ole silly is crawling around inside ice mazes with my daughter and playing a frosty version of tag. With sound effects. And funny faces.

I'll have to work on that. Silliness is critical.

that guy said...

i blog about wierd stuff...

like this

Max Sartin said...

Oh, man, a list for me would constipate the internet. I've set off the fire alarm at school playing with my fog machine in my classroom, pushed a 60 year old math teacher through the crowded halls between classes in her rolling desk chair, driven my motorcycle through the halls right up to the door of my classroom, driven 20 miles up Parley's canyon to get a Dr.Pepper on a 25 minute lunch break and driven a convertible with the top down in below freezing weather. And that's just what I could think of off the top of my head.

A Paperback Writer said...

"Spudnik"

Snicker. :)

And, Max, I remember all too well when you set off that fire alarm. :)

Cloudia said...

I'm simply silly for it's own sake.


(Or is it to save myself from
boiling over at today's insanities?)




Aloha to you
from Honolulu!


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

21 Wits said...

Usually it would involve children...or some of the over-the-top co-workers when we can.....but never before has taking a picture of a potato come to mind, except maybe now....funny thing I almost decorated one today as a joke....!

Dawn said...

Hahahah....you feel sorry for the poor little potato! I love it.
Well...when silliness overtakes me I dance:)
Now go make french fries!;))

Ankita Sarkar said...

I'm silly or serious when I need to be serious or silly, in that order. And when I feel silly, I make silly drawings, silly songs, silly whatnot... and someluckytimes the products are good.
btw, I LOVE POTATOES!