Wednesday, March 23, 2011

QOTD #4 - On preparation

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
Ivan Turgenev
I remember thinking this very thought when my then-girlfriend/now-wife and I began discussing marriage, before we bought our first house, and again when we decided to have kids.

I suspect that life isn't about filling in every checkbox or being absolutely certain about everything before setting out. It's about knowing when to cast off your lines and set sail, doubts be damned.

Your turn: When do you know when it's time to get moving? How do you know?

5 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

when i give myself the proverbial kick in the a$$

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

When someone else (or life!) gives me the proverbial kick in the a$$!

Occasionally, I am stirred by the moment and leap forward into the unknown.

21 Wits said...

Sometimes I sense that my brain moves (actually pushes my heart/me into action) and have on occasion arrived at a point wondering (gratefully, thankfully) that I made this unconscious choice.

Ankita Sarkar said...

When a whole year passes in prep work, or when I notice that I'm coming up with new excuses the very moment after every time I actually think I'm ready to do something.

Pearl said...

I'm sick of prepping. restless and cranky. then whatever I go to, ready or not its better for everyone that I get busy.