Saturday, March 26, 2011

QOTD #7 - On vision


"Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
Anton Chekhov
Every time I sit down to write something, I agonize over how I'll find the words to take an abstract thought and turn it into something that paints a picture, a scene, a mood, an emotion, a whatever for a total stranger.

Coming up with words that reflect that proverbial glint of light on broken glass? I guess that's both my challenge and my opportunity.

Your turn: How do you make your words count?

One more thing: Looking for Thematic? It's right here.

4 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I make my words count w/honesty.. I don't sugar coat what I write. I'm not brutal/harsh with my views.. I'm more tactful and consider what I write as if I were being talked to.

Jeena R. Papaadi said...

Ah... I know what you're talking about... :(

Steve Gravano said...

I'm not a writer. it's one of the things I wish I were better at. I too agonize in front of a blank page. The thoughts in my head can't seen to find the path to my hands. I just start as if I were talking to someone.

fredamans said...

Your children need your presence more then your presents.
~ Jesse Jackson, (1941-present, American civil rights activist and Baptist minister.)