Sunday, September 21, 2008

Caption This 89

Please caption this image
[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]

Montreal, QC
August 2008
[Click to enlarge, if you're not arachnaphobic]


My wife noticed this rather juicy-looking being lurking in a downtown store window as we walked by one evening last month. Poor thing was kinda skittish, which combined with low light made for an interesting couple of minutes of photography before he (she?) disappeared around a corner.

Your turn: Please use every creative muscle you have to come up with a witty, pithy or otherwise memorable caption for this photo. Yes, folks, our weekly feature, Caption This, is back. Need some background on how this works? Click here. Otherwise, click the Comments link below and let the games begin.

About last week's tape measure photo: Thank you all for (virtually) coming along with me to the stadium for this one. This week's honorable menschens go to:
  • Barbie2be: "How life measures up."
  • Carli: "Eight is Enough."
  • Jacie: "Made to measure."
  • BreadBox: "No, really, I measured it! Eight inches!"
  • Moi: ""Beyond measure."
Pinky takes it this week with "Missed it by that much." Her blog, Cheese in my Shoe, is a delightful read that pushes the kind of blog buttons that got me into this online journaling thing in the first place. Please drop by her site to share a word of congratulations.

One more thing: If you haven't yet tossed your hat into this week's Thematic Photographic ring, click here for yet more optical insanity. Even if you have, there's no limit on submissions.

22 comments:

kenju said...

Oh what a tangled web she weaves....

Star said...

Welocme to my parlor.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

"My name," said the spider, "is Charlotte."

Anonymous said...

loveitloveitloveitloveitLOVE!IT! You know me and my affection for all things creepy and crawly.

How can I resist a few attempts at this week's "Caption This"?

Enterweb

Deserves this, Miss Muffet, for sitting on her tuffet.

Itsy bitsy, my ass!
(forgive me? No offense intended...it just struck me as funny)

Eight is enough!
(funny how that fit for last week, too)

Spy, duh, web

Webolutionary

Web writer

:)

MamaCta! said...

"I could have sworn I was just climbing up a water spout..."

Anonymous said...

Deception Practice 101.

Mantha said...

"how's it hangin'?"

"just when i needed a fly on the wall, there's none to be found"

i came here via pinky, who, as you know, rocks. cool blog. will come back again. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Carmi,
"While the cool kids were hangin' out, the arachnerd was inside playing on the web."
Bradley

Anonymous said...

Carmi,
"Jethro Bodine in disguise as a double knot spy-der."
Bradley

P.S. Terri can't stand spiders, this one is freaking her out!Please show more because that's just the kind of hubby I am (the teasing kind).

Jennifer said...

I'm not afraid of the ugly ones...rather, we had a house infested with the rather innocent-looking Brown Recluse several years ago...hundreds of them...and I have never recovered from that!

sealaura said...

"Wilbur, better appreciate this!"

Anonymous said...

Caption suggestion: "Spin doctor."

Spidery words that struck my fancy today:

“Our souls sit close and silently within, And their own webs from their own entrails spin; And when eyes meet far off, our sense is such, That, spider-like, we feel the tenderest touch” -- John Dryden

“When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion” -- Ethiopian Proverb

“Fiction is like a spider's web, attached ever so lightly perhaps, but still attached to life at all four corners. Often the attachment is scarcely perceptible.” -- Virginia Woolf

Sara said...

out came the sun and dried up all the rain and the not so itsy-bitsy spider climbed up the spout again

BreadBox said...

"I found this on the web"

Linda said...

Inner glow...

Lynda said...

"SomE pIg"

I am a Tornado ~ proven fact! said...

YUCK! Stomp stomp squash splatter ... now that is a perdy spider.

I tried to eliminate my utter dispise of everything with more than 4 legs when I was in college. I put my hand into a tarantulas cage and gently touched it's hairy body (quivering). It made my blood run cold.

I hate spiders but I realize they are a necessary evil. So I don't really squash them ... unless they are in my bedroom or my bathroom when I'm naked or undressing or when I'm sleeping and I wake up only to find one crawling on me. EWWWEEE.

I don't hate snakes- actually kinda like them, so I'm not that much of a girly girl am I?

awareness said...

RADIANT (i always loved that word in Charlotte's Web)

Unvirtual Web

Welcome to my Nightmare

Inner Beauty is what matters.

Decorating for Halloween

Mojo said...

"Oh please excuse the mess, I wasn't expecting company."

Sara said...

Arachnophobic's worst nightmare

Jacie said...

not so creepy crawly

Anonymous said...

"Anybody know where I can find Miss Muffet?"

"I just dropped in to say thank you for all the lovely mosquitoes this summer."