Sunday, September 14, 2008

Caption This 88


Please caption this image
[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]

London, ON, June 2008 [Click to enlarge]

Note: This photo continues our closeup theme in support of Thematic Photographic. We're still actively taking entries for the latest TP. Please click here if you want to jump in.
I took this picture at London's TD Waterhouse Stadium last June. Our daughter was attending the big annual track meet, and as I headed back to the grandstands, I caught this scene right at the edge of the track. As you likely have guessed, I received many stares from curious students and meet organizers.

Your turn: Can you come up with a jazzy, snappy, creative caption for this photo? I know you can. Click on the comments link below and have at it. Repeat as often as you wish. I'll post this week's winner and a new photo next Sunday. If you're new to Caption This, please click here for the rules...such as they are.

About last week's photo of a really old phone: My kids look at old tech like this and shrug their shoulders. I look at it and marvel at how far we've come, and how quickly it's happened. I feel like we're all on the ultimate amusement park ride! Honorable menschens go to:
Judy: "1973 calling."
SPWriter: "Re: Dial."
Barbie2be: "For whom the bell tolls."
Sister AE: "Old school."
Terri: "Call waiting."
Anne: "The lights are on and no one's home."
Mojo: "Call history."
Mama C: "On hold...for about 30 years..."
Lynda: "Aren't you glad you use 'dial.'"
Awareness: "Basic black."
Killired: "Gone but not forgotten."
I agonized over this one, as there were so many memorable ones. In the end, John's "Switching to dial up?" took the cake. It managed to bridge the gap between old and new. Please visit his blog, Read My Mind, and send a word or two of congratulations his way. He writes about family, life and community in a way that will captivate you and keep you coming back for more.

As we close out the phone pic and shift to the tape measure, I wanted to thank you all for ensuring that an old phone in a school that no longer exists will forever stand out in my mind. I look forward to seeing your captions for this next photo. Enjoy!

12 comments:

barbie2be said...

how life measures up.

kenju said...

Thanks for the shout out for last week's caption, Carmi. I can't think of anything for the new one, but I'm tired now. Maybe later.

Carli N. Wendell said...

Eight is Enough.

Anonymous said...

inchworm

Jacie said...

made to measure

Anonymous said...

Since you were at a track meet I thought I would gear my caption in that direction:

"Inch by inch we move towards greatness."

BreadBox said...

No, really, I measured it! Eight inches!

N.

John said...

Wow, I'm honoured, Carmi!(I spelled honor the Canadian way just for you)

Thank you.

I'll have to think on this one a while, but I'll be back :)

Anonymous said...

"Fat Berber?" Lol...

Malinda777 said...

If 8 was straight, it might have been seven :)

Sara said...

seven and three quarters is bascially eight, right?

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

"Beyond measure"
"Cut down to size"
"Is a size eight fat?"


Can't think of anything original for this one.....may be will drop by later......hope you are having a great weekend :)