Truth really can be stranger than fiction when it comes to this wacky new world known as the Internet. Thanks to an industrious colleague who shall remain nameless (what was said colleague doing scanning tech message boards for the word "porn" anyway?) a relatively new discussion currently making the rounds of the TechRepublic site somehow ended up marching across my screen. It's called CEO surfs porn and it should prove to be a more entertaining read than your usual dry-as-a-stuffed-shirt geek exchange.
With this funny still fresh in my mind, I have built the following Top 10 list of excuses a CEO could give after being caught surfing for smut on an office computer:
- I was conducting a critical bandwidth-overload test.
- I accidentally mistook whitehouse.com for whitehouse.gov.
- I was calibrating the color on my new LCD flat-panel display.
- I'm saving it for someone else.
- I resent your use of the term "porn". I think of it as "adult entertainment".
- It's part of my final project for film school.
- I'm taking one for the team.
- Pornography? I thought it was Cornography!
- I sure wish the shareholders could see this.
- Have you seen my wife's latest film?