Saturday, October 09, 2004

A tree grows in London

You can tell my wife has been hanging around me for far too long. Ever since I can remember, I've pointed my camera lens at the weirdest little subjects that most of us would otherwise ignore. Our photo albums are full of studies of cake icing, flower petals, wood grains, and rock faces, to name a few.

I've often been accused of wasting film. I look at it as seeing the world from a different perspective. Now my wife seems to have picked up the bug.

While playing with the kids at the park yesterday, she practically filled the camera's SD card with the expected snapshots of smiling children playing without reservation. She also took some pictures of the local flora, including this neat observation of a gnarled tree trunk.

She even admits my photographic psychosis has begun to rub off on her. Poor dear. Anyway, enjoy this pic, and feel free to let us know what it reminds you of. Whatever it looks like to you, it's nice having another set of fresh eyes in the family.

1 comment:

Diane said...

What an odd pattern in the bark. It's almost like a baseket weave. I like it!