Saturday, October 02, 2004

A Wal-Mart sentiment

Much has been written and said about the big box invasion and its impact on the main streets and malls of our cities. Much remains to be said before the final verdict is rendered - if it can ever be truly rendered.

While chewing over this issue with my engagingly enlightened colleagues the other day, I was suddenly possessed by this clearly dichotomous perspective that pretty much sums up where the midpoint of society stands:

They are the evil empire, but I appreciate their vast selection of reasonably-priced goods.

Repeat it a few times, if you wish, and the polarizing truth of it all should become apparent.

When you're done, seek out the flashing blue light in the distance. I believe it's hovering between aisles seven and eight, and it will be there for no more than the next 15 minutes.

Thanks, Trillian!

2 comments:

Rich Rosenthal II said...

Those low prices make unions cry.

Trillian said...

Thanks for posting this, Carmi. I laughed about it all weekend. It's my new mantra.