Sunday, October 10, 2004

Dressup Day at Levyland

Our kids have become quite the social butterflies in recent years. Hardly a weekend goes by when they're not invited to a birthday party for one of their friends. This morning, our two youngest attended a princess-themed affair.

Now, I'll be the last person to force my children to adhere to rigidly-defined gender-based behaviors. For example, if our little guy wants to play teacups with his bigger sister, that's perfectly all right with me. But I draw the line at dressing him up in something frilly. So his choice for the party was Spongebob Squarepants. It was decidedly outside the indicated theme, but we justified it by deeming him the prince of the undersea.

The neighbors smiled from afar as we took their pictures on the front lawn. Although he was a bit old for this one, Zach nevertheless got dressed up - as an Army dude - and is shown here chatting with his grandparents.

The rest of this morning's photos will follow in subeequent posts. Enjoy 'em!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I know what you mean about children's birthday parties! I need a calender just for my children's social events. I now understand why someone invented that bumper sticker "Mum's Taxi"(or Dad's) . How true it is.

The photo's of your family are lovely.

Trillian said...

Great picture! Frankie has been a "soldier" for two consequtive Halloweens. We tried to squeeze in a third, but apparently he will be a Ninja this year.

I hosted a princess party for my daughter's 4th birthday last winter - it was a hoot, but the boys invited were decidedly against the theme and showed up as a cowboy and Batman. That was fine with me!