Sunday, October 16, 2011

Before the fall


Sawtooth
London, ON, October 2011

About this photo: We're slowly bringing our week-long celebration of the humble triangle to a close - but we're not quite done yet. We've got until 7 p.m. tomorrow (Monday) to raid the archives for similarly geometric pics. Head here if you're still feeling pointy.
I probably shouldn't have taken this one. It was windy, with fading light and a seemingly endless series of yappy dogs being walked mere feet from my feet. Not ideal conditions for anything, much less taking a closeup picture of a leaf.

Mind you, if you wait for the planet to align before you take out your camera and start shooting, you'll never actually take the camera out. Sometimes, you just have to get started, anyway, imperfection be damned.

Your turn: Please head outside when you have a moment. Find a leaf, any leaf, and bring it inside. I'd like you to take a picture of it, then stick it in a book. Pop the pic onto your blog...kinda like a "before" photo. We'll come back to it later. Yeah, I'm odd.

10 comments:

Prettypics123 said...

Nice exercise! I'll do it. Carmi, how have you achieved such a large following? What do you attribute this to? I mean I know why I follow you but why do so many others? What could I learn from you about growing an audience? levonnegaddy@hotmail.com

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Good idea!. My daughter inherited some old books from Dad's father.. In it she found a 4 leaf clover that he had used as a marker... It still maintained its color and shape and no, it did not stain the page... I like where u are headed with this.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

here's my 'before'.http://afreshstartwithkalei.blogspot.com/2011/10/leaf-request.html

Limarea said...

ok, will do... :)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Oh, right!

I did it. And until this post, I forgot that I did.

The first pic is primarily a hibiscus, of course, but I got that triangle in the background for your series.
~

Somewhere round about said...

hum...ok...needed to find the ooomph to sort the camera battery situation

ok ok ok
i will.....

CorvusCorax12 said...

here is mine
I'm realy curious to see where we go from here.

21 Wits said...

I just read this one, don't know how I missed it...I'll have to try and find a good leaf tomorrow!

21 Wits said...

Okay my first part of this leaf-mission is complete!

Here it is

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2011/10/before-fall-leaf-assignment.html

Limarea said...

Hi! Here's my leaf. http://zestoflemons.blogspot.com/2011/10/edible-maybe-not.html
I posted this on TP-edible, but I probably should post it here too. :)