Friday, October 21, 2011

Buns of steel


Breaded
London, ON, July 2011
About this photo: If it's edible, we want you to share it. We call it Thematic, and the fun starts right here.
There's something about the texture of a hamburger bun that gets me every time. It's not that these things taste particularly good. Nor are they remotely nutritious: They're simply vessels that keep the messy stuff from your burger from getting on your hands. But that's all irrelevant as far as aesthetics are concerned. Yes, I am indeed that shallow.

Looking at this bunch of buns awaiting their fate at a summer BBQ, I had to resist the urge to poke them in the middle, Pillsbury Doughboy-style. So I took this picture, instead. It'll have to do for now.

Your turn: What ever happened to the Pillsbury Doughboy? Got a favorite television ad character floating around your memory?

2 comments:

21 Wits said...

You're not shallow, over here we'd say you're very American enjoying your burgers! The doughboy is alive and living well too! and you can check him out here next time you're in Minneapolis! ..oh and you can always find an old doughboy in any antique shop, or new at this museum store!

http://www.millcitymuseum.org/museum-minneapolis-riverfront

Little Nell said...

I wish I could share you enthusiasm for the hamburger, and I’m afraid these empty shells awaiting their filling only add to my dislike. Sorry.