Saturday, October 15, 2011

On those who change the world

As some of you may have noticed, I like to share quotations. I like how words of others can settle into our souls and inspire us to do more, to do better. I hope you're enjoying them.
"History shows us that the people who end up changing the world – the great political, social, scientific, technological, artistic, even sports revolutionaries – are always nuts, until they are right, and then they are geniuses."
John Eliot
Your turn: Who changed your world? Who inspires you?

6 comments:

David Edward said...

most certainly, my father, then my children, and underlying all human relations, the Lord G-d, creator and sustainer of all things.
have you seen the mountains he can push up? whoah!

21 Wits said...

Isn't that the truth! I like Gil Grissom's quote, "I'm wrong all the time. It's how I get to right!" It's funny how often it's the unexpected people in our lives that inspire me the most! I am a huge fan of quotes. Please, don't stop posting them!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Any person who thinks out of the box, the one who is not afraid to state a view, invention- even philosophy which may not be conventional... for me those people are the ones who end up changing the world...Also, the one who may not say a lot but when they do, what they say will make you think!.
Children also inspire me, when I worked in the schools I was amazed at what children would say off the cuff... their honesty, humility and sensitivity always touched me.

Betty Carlson said...

We were just talking with my daughter at lunch about the "crazy" side of some geniuses. Funny I should drop in today (I am way off the blogging circuit these days) and find this quotation.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Our plutocrats have changed the world.

But not in good ways, for most of us.
~

Anonymous said...

I try to keep this in mind about my second-born. He is definitely quirky (and some days that is stretching the bounds of politeness) but I also recognize that he is borderline genius.