Friday, October 28, 2011

Dead fish on ice

I'm not above having a little borderline-tasteless fun with the fish display at the local grocery store. The fish don't seem to know the difference, and the legions of catatonic shoppers seeking deals on store-brand bread and imported artichoke hearts couldn't be bothered long enough to even notice what I'm up to.

Mind you, by the time I had set up this scene, my wife and daughter had already scurried away, hoping a little distance would prevent anyone from connecting them with the weird guy waving the smartphone around.

The things we must do for our art. Or whatever passes for it.

Your turn:
Fishie needs a name. What should it be?

One more thing:
What does this scene have to do with metallica? Silvery fish scales, indeed! Follow your mouse here for more metallic goodness.

7 comments:

Galen Pearl said...

Of course the title caught my attention right away. Then the photo. And then the funny story that went with it. Creativity in the grocery store--that is creative indeed!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha... now there's a bite-sized morsel! :)

Kalei's Best Friend said...

how about Ice-Ice-Baby??? (now don't roll your eyes) :-)

Max Sartin said...

How about Squishy"?
.
There's metal holding the glass, metal containing the ice, metal equipment in the background and metal on your arm. And the fish do look metallic.

H said...

"I will call him Squishy and he will be my friend." Well done, Max. I'm with you on the name!

photowannabe said...

Carmi, you make me laugh with your creative mind. I think you and my younger son would make good "out of the box" friends.

dragyonfly said...

his name..sandman