Sunday, October 23, 2011

Your goose is cooked


Friendly fowl
London, ON, June 2011

These lovely Canadian Geese aren't quite dinner in this pic, but I'm guessing that at some point they could be.

I try to avoid such thoughts whenever I chow down on a chicken wing. Or a burger. Or anything else that was once a living thing. I like the occasional steak way too much to ever want to give it up and become a vegetarian. But sometimes, I still wonder...

Your turn: Are you a carnivore or herbivore? Are you a vegetarian or have you ever been one? Why/why not?

One more thing: Please click here for more edible craziness. We're still sharing edible-themed pics, and you're invited to play along. New theme launches tomorrow.

5 comments:

David Edward said...

my tastes revolve as I think more or less about my health and strength. Can't simply do the burger at lunch anymore. it was making my middle fat. since i have begun hiking again I am seeing food as fuel, and have thrown down coffee, sugar and beer to get and keep in shape. lost 22 lbs.
I owned a pair of geese once, or did they own me?

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Seems like the older I get, I turn more to fruit, veggies and whole grain... maybe because its easier to cook? or rather its faster? Haven't had a burger in a long time... My appetite has lessened for pasta, meats, potatoes- all foods I use to crave...

21 Wits said...

Oh no ! Say it ain't so! They're far too cute to eat! I pretty much eat the same foods that I ate from my mother's table, kind of sad right? I have added a few other things, and eating a bit less red meat and passing on all deep-fried or killer like fats, probably too much milk and coffee, and if I eat at Mac & Don's once in awhile it's a hamburger happy meal with apples and don't forget the toy! I do like changing old recipes up too!

Galen Pearl said...

I am an omnivore, but I don't eat a lot of meat. Love the picture of the geese because I always enjoy seeing Canadian geese. There a a lot that hang out in this area year round. So fun in the spring when they are all parading around with their goslings. Thanks for commenting our my blog. Looking forward to reading more of yours.

Jeff said...

Geese ain't the best eating bird (a guy on my staff hunts them and smokes them and they're okay, but I'd perfer duck. However, we have way too many of those Canadian Geese down here (obviously another part of our failed immigration policy) so go ahead and eat all you want.... :)