Friday, October 28, 2011

A photo contest...with a twist

If you live in or around London on Windsor, this could be for you. CTV News is asking viewers to stalk them. No, this is not a joke...it's a real contest.

If you're out and about and see them covering a story, take their picture and send it in. You can win one of ten 50 gift certificates to Henry's - a major photo store - or one of five $1,000 gift certificates. Which will, of course, help you raise your paparazzi-cred even further.

I like the concept of a contest-with-a-difference, and I like the store that's sponsoring it: Henry's is where I've bought all my gear since time immemorial. The folks who work there are also photographers, and going in to shoot the photographic breeze reminds me of how all stores might have been run in a more customer service-driven age oh so long ago. (And no, this isn't a sponsored entry...I just like them.)

Contest link is here:
http://ctvnewslondon.ca/Contests/CTVSnapshots/

Your turn: If you're a southern Ontarian, please help spread the word by reposting, linking, Tweeting or Facebooking this. $1,000 would buy some lovely gear.

2 comments:

21 Wits said...

Oh how cool is this?!! Gee now for sure if only I lived there!!! I just know you have to try and do this Carmi! (For all of us that can't enter for sure!) ...I for one would love to see a post once all the leaves have settled and they have a winner! Please keep us informed! Good luck and keep your eyes focused and your camera loaded!

darlin said...

Carmi this is an excellent contest! I also remember when stores were consumer driven and we were treated quite well. This was back in the good old days when I'd be browsing and actually have someone ask me if I required assistance and I could be through the checkout in under 5 minutes, even if it took a wee bit longer there was always someone to chat with in line. People were so much different back then, the term neighbor meant something other than the person living next door.

Memories of the good old days... ahhh.

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you spot that crew, you're a sure win if you do. :-)