Monday, October 17, 2011

BlackBerry meltdown

Remember when your BlackBerry went blessedly silent last week? When a highly publicized service outage stopped email and BBM traffic in its tracks for millions of users first in Europe, the Mideast and Africa, and later in Latin America and North America? Sure you do: It gave us all a long-overdue opportunity to put our electronic leashes down and head outside. Lovely, wasn't it?

Well, somewhere in the mix, I was lucky enough to appear on CTV's Canada AM on Thursday morning. I chatted with Omar Sachedina, and the interview is here.

Later that day, I got to meet John Vennavally-Rao, a reporter with the CTV National newscast, and his report aired that night. Here's the video. I also chatted with CTV News Channel's Jacqueline Milczarek and Dan Matheson, and did a live hit with CBC Radio's Wei Chen, host of Ontario Morning, as well as AM980's Jeff McArthur.

The next day, the fun continued, as the Toronto Star published my op-ed piece, Crunch Time for RIM. It's my first op-ed article for them, so it was a bit of a happy moment to see it in print. Sadly, this will not get me invited to RIM's Christmas party. Bummer: I was looking forward to being there.

1 comment:

NJ said...

I heard you talking with Wei Chen. :) Too bad about the Christmas party.