Tuesday, January 18, 2005

More admin work

I've replaced the old blue template because it simply wouldn't stop blowing up in Internet Explorer. Even after I reapplied the original template, the sidebar continued to slide to the bottom of the screen.

Much frustration ensued, and as a result I decided to pull the plug on the old template and pick another conservative-looking one from the Blogger list. Although I tried to find something more unique elsewhere on the Internet, I ended up settling for this basic one because, frankly, I didn't want to endlessly fiddle with tags and lose sight of why I write this blog in the first place: to write (and not to code.)

So I hope you like it as is. From what I can tell, it seems to be behaving itself in both Internet Explorer and Firefox. I have not tested it in other browsers (Mac folks, feel free to chime in here) but I invite your comments on how it works for you now.

Thanks for your patience and advice, everyone. We now return to our regularly-scheduled blog programming.

5 comments:

Moogie said...

Looks great and works in IE here. When I get home, I'll check out Mozilla. Great job!

Diane said...

I like the new look.

Every time someone changes his or her template, I always think I have clicked on the wrong link. But it only takes me a couple of days before I can't even remember what his or her old template looked like.

L said...

I had the same problem with mine temporarily and discovered that it is usually due to a VERY long word or an exceptionally wide photo...

Mellie Helen said...

Oooooh, I like the clean, fresh look. Feels airier. Looks just fine on the Safari browser for the Mac!

Leanne said...

Love the new layout Carmi. Smooth on the eyes.
Keep up the good work